Hope you have all had a great week, I have been in my sewing room at every opportunity working on Frog Song and yes it's nearly finished - only the binding to go.
I only realised how lucky I was to decide on 2" as my spacing for stitching as my cross hatch in the center progressed - I hadn't measured to check how it would work out before I started stitching!!
I only had to lose or add a tiny fraction of an inch on a couple of rows to get a perfect result at the edges.
I practiced my FM for ages before plucking up the courage to make a start on the quilt itself, deciding to start in the most obvious place for any problems to show, the center panel.
I was so happy and surprised that I didn't have any problems.
My Bernina does have a stitch regulator foot for free motion, I have always struggled with it but this time after my practice session I used a different mode to what I have used previously and it was suddenly much easiera nd I was amazed how quickly my blocks were quilted.
How different my frogs look now they pop off the background.
Having reached this stage I stood back and took a good look and realised that my cross hatching of the center made the corner areas with only stitching one way now looked like unfinished hatching so yesterday I added the crosswise stitching to the corners.
I like this much better.
The day was beautiful first thing but and now rain has set in so it's the ideal day to sew on my binding.
Linking now to Esther's WOW
Enjoy your week everyone.