Wednesday 21 August 2013

Work on Wed 21st Aug

Hi Everyone, has been a relaxing week.
Went to Dargaville  last Thursday, helping out for the morning at our exhibition,  wish I lived closer but some things you can't change.
A quick visit to Countrydawn while I was there and got my gold overlaid "pinks" for part 3, shown below with my blues from the same range


Not quite Pink, and I had said No to them when I was first looking for Pinks with only my compass done.
They didn't seem to work at all but once I had done my border and bought my taffeta's my mind kept going back to them, and as you know the result is perfect  - or so I think, Lol.
The deeper one on the left I am hoping works  for deep color in the bouquets.
Next trip I will be looking for gold for the vase, think I have already seen it.



Went to Dargaville again yesterday for our monthly meeting.
We have had a fantastic exhibition, and wonderful comments from everyone who attended.
My Forget Me Not quilts did not win viewers choice, Boo Hoo, but I did not expect them to as there is so much talent in our small group.
They were very much admired, commented on, and did do very well in the voting.
Maybe if I had only shown one I would have done better as both my quilts received similar votes.
Thanks again Esther for a Fabulous BOM.  I love both my quilts to pieces.

Anyway you might like to see the Viewer's choice results.
3rd place went to Pam Taylor for her fabulous hand worked quilt Candlewick




Beautiful handwork.

2nd place to Tonia  for her Whirlygigs, only one piece to the pattern.



Again Beautiful  Handwork.

And finally winner of viewers choice is Ann Langman with this stunning Art Quilt



I struggle with  protocol so before I show the quilt this is Ann's acknowledgement to those who helped her create this quilt.


You cannot see the detail in this photo as
there are so many 3D elements in this quilt 


 That really is lumps of genuine Kauri Tree gum 
Those boots are laced and the laces and  his awl stand free.
The sacks are filled, not sure if it's with Kauri  though.


 Beard and pipe are 3D as is the sack needle.
I think Ann has used overlocker threads to create the darkest background fernery.
It is all 3D


The fabrics and detail is exquisite,
This quilt can only be folded one way.


 Every detail is perfect.
Fabulous work Ann I love it. Congratulations on being our viewers choice.


Two years until our next Exhibition, just maybe Love Entwined will be there.

Back to work tomorrow but this afternoon I am playing with my inspiration fabric, seeing if I can find something to use for those little dark corner flowers.
Have a great Wednesday everyone.
Jenny



7 comments:

  1. Fabulous work that you have shared with us. How I would like to see the 'Gumdiggers' in person it is a terrific piece of art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jenny what a wonderful blog today seeing your LE completed with part 3 But what are you going to do for the rest of the month LOL. that quilt, thanks so much for taking so many detailed photo's. CHeers Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny what great quilts from your show. Love your fabrics and your LE is just so inspiring.your work is wonderful.
    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Jenny.
    Thanks for sharing such beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing this wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jenny how wonderfull those exhibition photo's are, amazing details, thanks for sharing! And I love your LE.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohmigosh, that gumdiggers quilt is outrageously fantastic! Kudos to the quiltmaker on that one! It deserves to be on permanent display in a museum, what talent!

    ReplyDelete