Thursday 31 January 2013

Work on Wed/ Thurs

Hi Everyone,
Thursday in NZ but can just scrape this in thanks to Esther's generous time frame.

Firstly a huge thanks to everyone that voted for my Evolution Wallhanging in the Quiltinggallery.com
Show and Tell last week. Have added a link on my side bar to this site as it is so much fun and although only 14 entries  there was some wonderful work on show.
I was so happy to be lying second with my very first entry - but to have the two guest judges award me enough points to win for the week, prize is Michelle's two Quilters Cookbooks in PDF Format.
I was astounded and thrilled to pieces!!!!!!!!!
Thankyou Judges if you visit my blog.

EVOLUTION



Have just had two days away in Paihia with Steve and Kelly.
Steve has been house renovating for a friend and Wed the carpet went down and he had to be there to let them in and rehang all the doors when they finished so really it was a busman's holiday for him.
Strong onshore breezes meant no swimming for us, and being high tourist season Kelly was not welcome anywhere - extra signage - NO Dogs till end of Feb.
Paihia is in the Bay of Islands and really survives as a Holiday destination so guess this is understandable, she does enjoy the car thankgoodness.

We did find an area we could wander with her to see the Haruru Falls



This is looking down the river from the falls towards Waitangi, just around the bend.




We have a public holiday on the 6th Feb, Waitangi Day to celebrate the signing of the Treaty of Waitangi between the first Europeans and the Maori People.
We have Maori land right issues continuing to this day from the treaty.

Had dinner with friends Steve had made while he was renovating, wonderful night and just had to take a photo of this paintingof a Vietnamese Lady on their wall.


Will have to work around the flash but think I feel a wallhanging comiing up.

Lastly have been thinking about the Show and Tell up at Quiltinggallery for this week. 
I can enter every week if I want to, but if I am lucky enough to win again within a month, the prize would be awarded to the next highest votes which I think is very fair.
The theme is winter landscapes and I am thinking my Snowdrop block with it's snowflakes will qualify as it does not have to be a finished work.  



I am going to enter so check in after Fri 8am EST to see and vote for what you like.
Now I have to go through my completed quilts / wallhangings and see what might be suitable to help stage  open homes in Paihia as our friends want to sell.
Have a great week everyone.
Jenny


1 comment:

  1. Block looks real good! I think a wall quilt of that picture would come out real nice.

    ReplyDelete