Saturday 26 January 2013

On line show and Tell

A new experience for me this week.
Found this site after Bunny posted about entering her Heart's Desire quilt in the "show and tell" section on this site.
http://quiltinggallery.com/2013/01/25/vote-now-new-beginning-quilts/
And yes!!
I have just learnt how to paste a link, learning something new every day is good for you.

I uploaded a photo of my Evolution quilt for this weeks "show and tell " themed "New Beginnings"
Not many entrants this week, only 14 but if you like my quilt pictured below please place a vote for me before Monday.
The leading quilt is just beautiful and I had to vote for it as well as my own.
Here is my quilt.  
EVOLUTION


Details about the quilt I have put up on the site, but in more detail
It is obviously a drunkards path block design - from an old APQ magazine.
I had just bought 4 fat quarters of fabric because i loved them, and suddenly they spoke to me.
The Brown was our world, Green was new growth, the Orange flames ,and the Red embers.
Added the Sun, Sky, Moon, Water and two greens for Spring and Autumn around the edges.
Fire destroys but leaves embers and ashes, then eveything regenerates as shown by the centre.
The very center is  the scraps from my foundation piecing cut into tiny  fragments and caught under net.
From ashes to ashes, dust to dust come new beginnings!!!
If you like this, please vote for me.
Cheers everyone, Jenny

2 comments: