Thursday 3 March 2016

WOW 2nd March

Hi Everyone,
Apart from stripping wallpaper my concentration has been on my Frog Song quilt using Glass Art patterns from Jillian Sawyers book of the same name.
I'm down to the final few blocks having finished my Oooh Mama Block.


 "Oooh Mama "
He came out lovely and masculine and together They make a wonderful couple.


I think Love is blooming!!!

These two blocks have been cut to my final size and stitched together so that I can do my central applique in the bottom area. Have remembered to leave a quarter inch unstitched at the top for my Y seam to join my background.


Jillian Sawyers " Rub a Dub Dub "

Biggest problem I had was deciding which bit belonged to which frog when pattern was reversed on the light box. Finally with the colour photo alongside it became clear that the middle frog was over everyone else and came together easily.
Initially I chose a lovely rich marbled blue and green for my water and it looked fantastic, at the last 
minute I thought put the background behind it and it just screamed "don't use me"
It was the only blue in the quilt and it was overpowering.
Back to my stash and this pale watery green batik is far more harmonious and still speaks of water.


I like to think the three frogs in a tub is the perfect applique for here.

I now have a central applique for the top two blocks and one side block to decide on and make before I can put it all together, that is the part that is scaring me!!!
Time now to Link with Esther's WOW for this week.
Enjoy your Wednesday everyone.
Cheer's Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment