Wednesday 30 April 2014

Work on Wed 30th April

Hi Everyone,
Well I wasn't going to blog this week but today really is a WOW for me.
I knew that Judith, a member of the Dargaville Quilters Group that I belong to had sent a review of our biannual quilt show last year to New Zealand Quilter's Magazine. They were very interested and said they would look at covering it in their April edition, they only publish quarterly.
I knew the magazine would focus on the fabulous "Gum Digger's" art quilt by Ann Langman which I showed photo's of on my blog a few months ago.

But look what I saw when Steve bought me the magazine this morning.


My Thistle Block from Esther's Forget Me Not BOM  has been published.

Am I over the moon or what !!!!! never did I think I would see any of my work published. Lol.
Although I acknowledged Esther's design on my quilt info, Esther's name is unfortunately not mentioned in the article, but they did say I used designs from a Yahoo Quilting Group to create my wall hangimg.
For those of you who joined  Esther's group after FMN here is a photo of my wall hanging created from Esther's wonderful Forget Me Not  pattern that is still available on her website.


I made two wall hangings, so I could make all 24 of Esther's wonderful blocks. This one my retro version with the thistle block that obviously NZ Quilter  Magazine liked.
The other one.


My french provencale version, or so I like to think. Both background fabrics are my late Aunt's unused dress fabric.
I am still riding a high  but to my current love that I can't leave alone.
My second border of Love Entwined  part 11 is half way done and my little bird is made.


Now not sure if my fabric for his/ her wings was the right choice, know I can change it if I need too, will wait and see.
Linking now to Esther's Blog.
Enjoy your Wednesday, I am.
Jenny

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Jenny you deserve it, it was a stunning block especially the way you made the head of the thistle. It's wonderful to see your two quilts again. Love your wee LE bird too. Cheers Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Jenny you deserve it, especially the way you made the head of the thistle. It is lovely to see both quilts again. I also think your wee LE bird is cute too. Cheers Glenda

    ReplyDelete