Thursday 14 December 2017

Secret Garden update

Hi Everyone,

Summer weather has come early this year, has been more like mid Jan temps so have been splitting my time between stitching and the garden.
1st Dec brought part 11 of secret garden though it did pop up in my inbox early which I loved.


Loved this block as soon as I saw it and immediately knew I would stay with my butterfly fabric.
Had to fiddle a bit to get the corners to match on some of my blocks as had problems when making some of my little squares and they weren't perfect.


The borders fitted perfectly and am so happy with how it looks.

With it all together was able to study the blocks and the first block seemed not quite right in the fabrics I had used. With block one had no idea what would come after it and my colours and fabrics volved as the blocks came along. The other blocks used mainly batiks for the flowers but the first one didn't and it just didn't seem to sit as well so decided now was the time to change some of them.
Had already changed the bow so was confident about unpicking and all went well.


Am pleased with the new fabrics but have one more flower to change, Was happy with the peachy one but now it looks out of place to me so will redo it as well. Am gradually adding more butterflies as I decide where I want them.


One more added to this block, used two butterflies to create the one in the centers with both wings up, a friends suggestion as she loves seeing them like this and they are hard to find on fabric.

Was going to write more as have started another project and yes it's another of Esther's patterns.
In The Pink another early pattern from before I joined her group, has always appealed to me so have made a start, photo's next time.

Enjoy your week everyone,
Cheers Jenny

6 comments:

  1. The beauty of this just takes my breath away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your work is beautiful and the butterflies are exquisite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its such a beautiful beautiful SG Jenny full of romance and love. You have the patience of a Saint to unpick and unpick !!!!!! No wonder your quilts have that special look about them. Your butterfly you created is perfect there. I often do the same and make the body with embroidery Cheers Glenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS I don't know how you managed the machine stitching around the body part of the butterfly????? Exquisite work.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful progress! I love the little butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really likes your blog! You have shared the whole concept really well and very beautifully soulful read!Thanks for sharing.ดูหนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete